News on the US and Iran conflict is all over the place and I’m sure everyone is somewhat aware of it.
I’m not an expert in international politics and relations and I’m not here to give a thorough breakdown of what’s going on and the conventional way of looking at things. I’m here, as always, to give the Chinese metaphysics perspective of things.
The US – Iran conflict provides a good opportunity to showcase how Qi Men Dun Jia can be used in a different context other than catching unfaithful spouses. As you may or may not know, Qi Men Dun Jia was first developed for military purposes so that the person wielding it will know when and when not to attack or take action. It gives commanders insight into how an expedition will turn out.
On 8th January 2020 6:39 PM, I posted a Qi Men Dun Jia chart on my Facebook page stating that the US – Iran conflict will not escalate into a war. You can refer to it here:
- I only wanted to know if there will an invasion like the last time the US invaded Iraq in 2003.
- General Qassem Suleimani has already been killed by a drone strike initiated by the US on 3rd January 2020.
- 8th January 2020 was also the day Iran struck back with missiles. I generated the Qi Men Dun Jia chart after news of Iran’s retaliation.
- The US has not responded because it was still the wee hours in the US.
- Tensions are high and everyone is debating whether it will lead to a war or invasion before the US could give an official statement.
There was no news or statement from the US White House at 6:39 PM Singapore time on 8th January. Everyone, including myself, was just waiting to see how the US White House will respond when their day starts on 8th January. My opinion was that war will not happen and the Qi Men Dun Jia chart shows this very clearly.
A few days have passed, and it turns out that there were no casualties from Iran’s retaliation which I believe was deliberate. A war or an invasion is unlikely as well.
If you remember from my previous blog post showcasing Qi Men Dun Jia’s use where I accidentally caught someone cheating on their spouse, you’ll recall that each and every sign or symbol in the chart represents something. In the context of war and military expeditions, there are of course signs and symbols representing the attack and defender.
Let me break things down in point form for ease of understanding:
- In Qi Men Dun Jia, there is always mention about 主 (the person or thing being initiated or acted upon) and 客 (the initiator)。Who is 主 and who is 客 needs to be established first in order to get the context and environment right.
- Next, we determine which side benefits. In ideal cases, both sides benefit but this is rare. Usually, only one side truly benefits. Sometimes, both sides get harmed.
- Let’s establish who is who in the chart: 值符 (the name of one of the ‘Gods’ we use in Qi Men Dun Jia) represents the 主方，meaning the person or object that is being acted on. In this case, this would represent Iran because they were the ones who got attacked first.
- 庚 represents 客方，meaning the person who takes the action and in this case, it would refer to the US.
We can immediately tell a few things just with this information:
- If you refer back to the chart, you will see that 值符 (Iran) and 庚 (US) are in the same sector of 坎 which is the bottom middle square in the 9-grid chart. This means that they have already crossed-swords. Them being in the same sector also means no clear winner has been established yet.
- I mentioned before that Qi Men Dun Jia already knows when you are going to ask the question, so having the symbols representing both Iran and the US in the same sector is no surprise.
- So the next question is to ask ourselves what are the signs in this square and what is it telling us and what insights can we draw from it? What are the signs that point to the conclusion that things won’t escalate into a war or invasion like it did in Iraq?
I’ll explain and trust me, you will be fascinated with what it says if you have an appreciation for Chinese metaphysics:
- Let’s pay attention to the 庚 (Yang Metal) + 乙 (Yin Wood) which appears first. There are two structures which appear here:
- If you have some basic knowledge of Chinese metaphysics, you’ll know that 庚 and 乙 combine. This is also generally known as a 合格 where 合 means to combine or become one. This alone already shows that there are clear signs that both parties will want to resolve this peacefully.
- 庚 + 乙 is also known as 奇格 and you’ll read that it means 三奇格出行用兵均大凶。Meaning the party who initiates the military expedition will be the one on the losing end.
- It so happens that there is also something we call 时格 appearing and you’ll read that 行兵、远行、谋事皆不利，只宜捕捉盗贼或寻找走失之人 which also means that expeditions will not go well.
- There are a lot more layers of analysis that can be applied when it comes to assessing the outcome of conventional warfare, but because no fighting has broken out, I won’t be applying it here.
Based on where 值符 and 庚 lie in the chart, Iran is at the advantage here and has more prerogative over what happens next. Why? Because 值符 is represented by Wood, and we are entering spring in 2 weeks. The Qi Men Dun Jia chart does show quite clearly that the US is at a disadvantage and will lose prerogative soon. When I say “prerogative”, I refer to it like what happens in chess (I’ve been a goe/weiqi player since I was 7) – the right to make a move is exclusive to the person holding the prerogative. In other words, he or she gets to call the shots and determine what happens next and the opponent may not always respond correctly, leaving the person with the prerogative in a good position. Just think of it like your boss telling you that you must do something in order to get promoted, but in the end, he or she gets promoted from your work, but you’re still wherever you were. That’s the advantage of prerogative. And oh, welcome to the corporate world.
I do not have any knowledge of Middle Eastern politics to know how the current situation will develop exactly. I can only tell from a Chinese metaphysics angle that whatever the US just did – striking first – does not benefit them in any way and will likely remain so. There are articles discussing how countries like Russia, Iran’s most powerful supporter, will benefit the most.
There is a way to see exactly when the deduced manifestations will take place and I mentioned that these tensions will only likely die down in July 2020. I’ll leave out these techniques for now. Just know that there it’s important to know how to deduce when an event will trigger so that you’re prepared for it.
From now till then, there’ll just probably be a lot of rhetoric thrown around and empty threats made, but the bottom line, in my professional opinion, is that there will be no invasion. If so happens some crazy person wants to deliberate go against Heaven’s will and attack again, there’ll be no doubt that the consequences will be severe. Let’s hope no one is that stupid. The current stalemate with both sides ceasing to retaliate is the best way to go.
Perhaps Trump just wanted a distraction from his impeachment trial thinking he did a really great thing, but we all know life’s not that simple. It will be interesting to look at whether Trump will win a second term this year. I’ll consider blogging about that next.
You might be asking: “What does this have to do with me? I don’t care about international politics at all!”
I don’t really care either, but not because I’m apathetic or that I don’t feel for the people suffering from all these conflicts. I’m very aware of how lucky I am to be living in a peaceful country and a beneficiary of good governance. I don’t care in the sense that I’ve always felt that the worst of humanity shows up in politics these days and dealing with it in the corporate world is bad enough, what more in government.
One more thing to note is that what I said above doesn’t always have to be applied to conventional warfare. Two people and two businesses taking shots at each other can also use the same framework above to deduce the outcome. There is always a 主 and 客 – the person/thing initiating something and the one being initiated on. It is like the concept of Yin and Yang where both forces are always in constant interaction.
Regardless you are 主 (the initiated on) or 客 (the initiator), you will want to know if you are in an advantageous position.
Perhaps to give you an example of how I’m personally using all these insights of events that seemingly have nothing to do with me. When people are panic-selling their shares in the stock market worrying about war, I am the one buying.
Did I also quit my job because of what I deduced using Qi Men Dun Jia? You bet your backside I did.